Component listing for integrated systems using Prestyl far‐infrared heating panels
Component listing for integrated systems using Prestyl far‐infrared heating panels.
- Far-Infrared Heating Panels: Calculate the appropriate number of heaters required using the Prestyl Transmission calculator.
- Select the number of thermostats required.
- Calculate the appropriate number of relays using the above calculator (note use at least one relay for each thermostat)
- For each system use at least one 24 Volt power supply (to minimize the wiring and related expenses, for larger installations more power supplies may be installed).
- For neatness and/or ease of installation the power supply(s) and relays may be installed in an EK‐012 or EK‐024 DIN enclosure (one power supply and up to 6 relays* in one EK‐012 and one transformer and up to 15 relays* in one EK‐024)
Note*: The relay count is valid for Crouzet relays at 120, 208 or 230/240 Volts only, 277 Volt systems use a different relay!
All components identified may be purchased by the installer/distributor or can be purchased through Prestyl USA.
Prestyl USA only carries a very small stock of accessories, if any. If requested, Prestyl USA may purchase the required accessories on behalf of the customer and for this will charge a 20% handling fee. Prestyl USA may help purchase, provide guidance or suggest certain manufacturer’s products as a courtesy only; regardless of who purchases the accessories, Prestyl USA does not warrant any third‐party products!
Furthermore, Prestyl USA is not responsible for the accuracy of third‐party information; the installer should verify that
the correct parts are used in an installation (the installer is responsible for complying with local codes).
- Far‐IR Panels. Please order the appropriate size and voltage panels from your Prestyl distributor (120, 208,
230/240 or 277 Volts).
- Select a programmable 24 Volt thermostat with a normally open heating contact (contact closes when heat is needed). Available from many sources including Home Depot, Lowes, etc.
- One of the available relays is the “Crouzet DC input contactor”; it can be used with the following voltages: 120 Volts, 208 Volts and 240 Volts. For 277 Volts use an appropriate relay such as Crouzet GNR10DCZ or equivalent (280V, 10 Amps), or GNR20DCZ.
- The recommended power supply is a Din‐rail mount power supply: 100‐240 VAC, 24Volt AC out at 1.75 Amps; Possible manufacturer: Phoenix Contact, Part No. 2868648, Mouser part No. 651‐2868648 (the power supply may be powered by 120 volts for all 120, 208 or 230/240 Volt applications or by the panel voltage; for 277 Volt applications the power supply must be powered by a source not to exceed 240 Volts!)
- Limited quantities of the EK‐012 or EK‐024 DIN** enclosures may be available at special pricing from Prestyl USA. Similar cabinets may be purchased from a number of sources; one such source is Altech/Els Spelsberg
Note** for 277 Volt relays the EK‐012 or EK‐024 can only be used without the top cover installed; it may be more practical to use a loose DIN rail in a metal NEMA cabinet for mounting the 277 Volt relays